February 6, 2020. Senior Medical Technologist
Senior Medical Technologist
Sera Prognostics, Inc., is a women’s health care company dedicated to improving the health of babies and mothers. We are seeking a highly successful Senior Medical Technologist for our company based in Salt Lake City. The Senior Medical Technologist is responsible for overseeing laboratory testing and result reporting to physicians. This position works closely with the Laboratory Manager to ensure regulatory compliance of the testing lab and competency of testing personnel. The ideal candidate will be a high energy, detail-oriented person who will support the continued growth of the company and its mission. This is a full-time position located in our CLIA/CAP/NYDOH accredited laboratory, which may require occasional Saturday supervisory coverage. The position will be filled at a level consistent with the applicant’s skills and experience.
- Full time
- Understands and complies with good laboratory practice, including safety, HIPAA, confidentiality, and all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Recognizes unexpected results, errors and problems with patient samples or results.
- Observes principles of data security and patient confidentiality.
- Maintains ethical standards in the performance of testing and in interactions with co-workers and other health care professionals.
- Performs analytical decision-making functions without direct supervision.
- Prioritizes order of testing workload and testing schedules. Coordinates general workflow in assigned area.
- Resolves and documents the resolution of all QC results which fail lab criteria and institutes corrective action.
- Evaluates instrument/method failure and communicates to management according to protocol
- May oversee SCL personnel in their duties of performing highly complex analytic processes and assesses procedures and techniques for which personnel are qualified.
- Ensures new and existing staff are properly trained in all technical and safety procedures.
- Complete a competency assessment on all employees before they are allowed to work independently; semi-annual for new employees and annually thereafter.
- Directs the daily workflow assigned to the specific technical work section.
- Provides coverage for absent testing personnel due to illness or vacation.
- Motivates employees to maintain a positive, professional, productive, and safe work environment.
- Enable the laboratory to pass regulatory inspections through the preparation of laboratory work areas, editing and writing SOPs as needed, and monitoring monthly quality indicators.
- May be involved in analytical and clinical validation of new assays.
- Performs highly complex analytic processes without direct supervision. Uses routine and specialized laboratory procedures and/or techniques for which he/she is qualified, trained, and demonstrates competency according to established lab standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Performs highly complex analytical processes; analyzes chromatographic, mass spectrometric and spectrophotometric data, transcribes and inputs generated results as needed; performs and documents quality control and selected equipment maintenance; performs quality assurance activities; recognizes problems and assists in the identification of the cause.
- Operates laboratory instruments and ensures proper functioning of laboratory equipment. Troubleshoots basic instrument malfunctions and performs routine preventive and corrective maintenance on – laboratory equipment. Recognizes when professional service is required and requests service if needed. Otherwise, reports service needs to the instrument control engineer or supervisor for resolution. Maintains detailed documentation of instrument maintenance.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical, or biological science or medical technology from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of six years of pertinent clinical laboratory experience subsequent to qualifying of which at least two years have been spent working in a clinical laboratory having a director at the doctoral level.
- Frequently performs work while standing, walking or sitting.
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Fine motor control, primarily working with fingers rather than with the whole hand, such as in typing and handling samples
July 30, 2018. Lead Biostatistician
Sera Prognostics, Inc., a women’s health care company, is seeking a highly successful Lead Biostatistician to contribute to design and analysis of clinical trials and health economic studies including proteomics and genomics, for our company located in Salt Lake City.
- Uses statistical and bioinformatic best practices, generating shared code and practices, to contribute to development of and achieve Sera objectives in creative, strategic ways.
- Lead members of own and other teams on tasks related to analysis of large clinical, proteomics, genomic, and immunoassay datasets and develop predictive models.
- Lead projects in clinical trial design, power and sample size analysis, survival analysis, modeling & simulations and health economics
- Contribute collaboratively to cross-functional teams, leading development of solutions to highly complex problems.
- Lead scientists and statisticians in developing and applying classification models.
- Lead initiatives in developing our statistics and bioinformatics shared codebase under version control.
- Lead bioinformatics tasks in the development of intellectual property and company publications, composing and compellingly presenting complex information with clear, persuasive graphics.
- Under supervision of team manager, work collaboratively across teams, defining necessary criteria, processes and procedures. Support team members in prioritizing and organizing teamwork to meet Sera objectives in collaboration with line management.
- Assist in development and implementation of robust, general approaches for maintenance of own computing environment(s), and share with team.
- Build consensus, work as a team and contribute to the Sera culture.
- Honor Sera’s core values: mission, smarts, diligence and integrity.
May 12, 2020. Marketing Manager
Sera Prognostics is a values-based organization with a powerful sense of shared purpose toward our mission to be a global leader in high-value women’s health diagnostics, delivering pivotal information to physicians to improve health and improve the economics of healthcare delivery. Through a strategic novel approach, we are generating momentum in commercialization of our innovative proteomics based PreTRM® Test and establishing revenue stream. We encourage our team members to have fulfilling and meaningful careers through challenging assignments, career development, and valuable opportunities.
In a dynamic healthcare environment, the Marketing team is ready to meet the evolving needs of our payer and provider customers. This outstanding position will join a dynamic Commercial team passionate about strengthening the payer and provider value proposition to better develop and drive messaging during key strategic value discussions with those responsible for the selection of diagnostics for coverage or reimbursement.
As a member of the Marketing Team, the Marketing Manager is responsible for developing tools and resources to communicate the value of our current and future product portfolio, and support value-based initiatives. Additionally, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for updating and maintaining our Value Website, and ensure the creation of tools and resources effectively supports our commercial efforts across multiple customer types.
Responsibilities Include but Are Not Limited To
- Develop and execute tools/resources to optimally communicate a product’s value proposition to maintain or improve coverage, support value-based initiatives, and deliver on marketing strategy
- Responsible for effective engagement with vendor partners
- Developing and managing company and brand websites
- Social media campaign management
- Ensuring all field resources and tools are effective, up to date, and maintained
- Responsible for T21 submissions to acquire required approvals for tools and resources
- Works with internal partners to ensure all programs meet legal, regulatory, and compliance standards (successfully managing the copy approval processes)
- Working cross functionally with multiple groups including the brand marketing, sales operations, client services, laboratory, R&D, finance, field sales and channel access leads
Sera Prognostics is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients through discovering, developing, and delivering innovative products. This approach begins by using tools like advanced proteomics to unravel the complexities of conditions affecting pregnancy and advance the understanding of human biology. Sera Prognostics focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives.
If you’re seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you’ll find it at Sera Prognostics.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Sera Prognostic fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win on behalf of patients.
Sera Prognostics is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.More Info