Junior LIMS Admin
Located on the edge of the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, Sera Prognostics, Inc. is a women’s health diagnostics company dedicated to improving the health of babies and mothers. We are a growing company tasked with becoming a global leader in high value women’s health diagnostics, delivering pivotal information to physicians that will improve health and improve the economics of healthcare delivery. According to Sera’s CEO, employees here must possess three qualities to be successful: 1) the individual must be passionate and dedicated to changing the world; 2) they must be smart and work smart; and 3) they must have absolute integrity. If this is you, we urge you to keep reading!
We are seeking an entry-level Junior LIMS Administrator for our CLIA/CAP/NYDOH accredited laboratory based in Salt Lake City. This role is a great opportunity for recent graduates and anyone looking to get started in their LIMS Admin career. As the Junior Laboratory Information Management System Administrator, you will be responsible for:
- Working with the laboratory and field personnel to manage and optimize LIMS functions pertaining to the lab, field, and QA/QC operations.
- Working with the IT department and software developers to develop, implement, and test all needed custom LIMS functions for the laboratory, field, and QA/QC operations.
- Overseeing and directing operation of the LIMS system in the laboratory.
- Assuring that the LIMS is correctly used by the Laboratory personnel.
- Ensuring that staff follow all QA/QC procedures regarding data analysis, data evaluation, data transfer, and LIMS operations.
- Coordinating with LIMS development personnel as they perform programming in response to the requirements of the lab and QC program.
- Developing, modifying, and maintaining forms and interfaces for data entry into LIMS.
- Initiating, defining scope of work, and monitoring contracts for major upgrades to LIMS.
- Assisting QA in obtaining, charting data trends, and analyzing data from the LIMS database.
- Providing quality control charts for laboratory operations.
- Staying up to date on advances in the data processing field, instrument interfaces, LIMS enhancements, various laboratory procedures and regulations.
- Writing SOP’s and policies for laboratory computer and LIMS applications.
- Keeping validation documentation up to date for the LIMS
- Providing LIMS training to new and current employees as needed.
- Ensuring LIMS and documentation meet CLIA/CAP/NYSDOH requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, life sciences, medical lab sciences, or similar field.
- Experience using and/or writing SOPs, Policies, and testing documents.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to learn technical concepts quickly and eagerness to learn.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Familiarity with LIMS systems in laboratory settings.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience developing and writing requirements for new processes.
- Aptitude for learning software programming languages.
Sera’s benefits package features an 85% to 95% premium paid healthcare plan, 13 paid holidays, three weeks of paid time off, employee stock options, and more!