Laboratory Information Management System Administrator
Sera Prognostics, Inc. is a women’s health diagnostics company dedicated to improving the health of babies and mothers. We are seeking a highly successful LIMS Administrator for our CLIA/CAP/NYDOH accredited laboratory based in Salt Lake City. The Laboratory Information Management System Administrator is responsible for managing day‐to‐day operations of the Sera LIMS, assisting Sera IT/Software Developers in implementing, optimizing, and testing new LIMS functions, and helping to optimize new and existing lab processes using LIMS functionality.
- Working with the laboratory and field personnel to manage and optimize LIMS functions pertaining to the lab, field, and QA/QC operations
- Working with the IT department and software developers to develop, implement, and test all needed custom LIMS functions for the laboratory, field, and QA/QC operations
- Oversee and direct operation of the LIMS system in the laboratory
- Assure that the LIMS is correctly used by the Laboratory personnel. Ensures that staffs follow all QA/QC procedures with regard to data analysis, data evaluation, data transfer, and LIMS operations.
- Coordinate with LIMS development personnel as they perform programming in response to the requirements of the lab and QC program
- Develop, modify, and maintain forms and interfaces for data entry into LIMS
- Initiate, define scope of work, and monitor contracts for major upgrades to LIMS
- Assist QA in obtaining, charting data trends and analyzing data from the LIMS database.
- Provide quality control charts for laboratory operations.
- Stay up to date on advances in the data processing field, instrument interfaces, LIMS enhancements, various laboratory procedures and regulations.
- Write SOP’s and policies for laboratory computer and LIMS applications.
- Keep validation documentation up to date for the LIMS
- Provide LIMS training to new and current employees as needed.
- Ensure LIMS and documentation meet CLIA/CAP/NYSDOH requirements.
Salt Lake City, Utah
The LIMS Administrator will report to the SVP of Laboratory Operations of Sera Prognostics. This position will have no direct reports.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Knowledge of LIMS in reference laboratory settings. • Minimum 1-year experience using a LIMS in a laboratory setting.
• Basic knowledge of clinical lab standard compliance and electronic lab system compliance.
• Experience writing SOPs, Policies, and testing documents
Preferred Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
• Knowledge of LIMS systems in laboratory settings.
• Hands‐on experience with Thermo Nautilus LIMS is preferred.
• Experience with SQL is preferred.
• Experience developing and writing requirements for new processes.