Sera Prognostics, Inc., a women’s health care company, is seeking a highly successful Lead Biostatistician to contribute to design and analysis of clinical trials and health economic studies including proteomics and genomics, for our company located in Salt Lake City.
- Uses statistical and bioinformatic best practices, generating shared code and practices, to contribute to development of and achieve Sera objectives in creative, strategic ways.
- Lead members of own and other teams on tasks related to analysis of large clinical, proteomics, genomic, and immunoassay datasets and develop predictive models.
- Lead projects in clinical trial design, power and sample size analysis, survival analysis, modeling & simulations and health economics
- Contribute collaboratively to cross-functional teams, leading development of solutions to highly complex problems.
- Lead scientists and statisticians in developing and applying classification models.
- Lead initiatives in developing our statistics and bioinformatics shared codebase under version control.
- Lead bioinformatics tasks in the development of intellectual property and company publications, composing and compellingly presenting complex information with clear, persuasive graphics.
- Under supervision of team manager, work collaboratively across teams, defining necessary criteria, processes and procedures. Support team members in prioritizing and organizing teamwork to meet Sera objectives in collaboration with line management.
- Assist in development and implementation of robust, general approaches for maintenance of own computing environment(s), and share with team.
- Build consensus, work as a team and contribute to the Sera culture.
- Honor Sera’s core values: mission, smarts, diligence and integrity.
- Bachelor’s or Graduate degree with a focus on bioinformatics, biostatistics, computer science, mathematics, biology or related field. Related experience of 8 years with a Bachelor’s degree, 5 years with a Master’s degree or 4 years with a PhD.
- Programming skills in R required; experience with shared code or additional languages is a plus.
- Developing leadership and demonstrated success in cross-functional data science: analyses, database or systems builds.
- Demonstrated expertise in biomedical, bioinformatic and statistical principles and concepts related to pregnancy and to omic studies, including experience with large omic and/or immunoassay datasets.
- Discovers novel factors and procedures, refining existing practices.
- Builds coherent data and analysis strategies of broad scope.
- Strong attention to data and processes in constructing analysis approaches and systems.
- Demonstrable abilities to mentor team members in best practices, partner with colleagues and collaborators to develop and implement new initiatives, and in fostering positive change.
- Leads consensus decision making using expertise in lateral leadership – mentoring and guiding peers to work together towards common goals – and objective conflict resolution skills.
- Communicates results clearly, asks great questions, shares information effectively.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Programming skills in R, SQL, FORTRAN or C(++), Matlab and/or Perl or Python.
- Prior experience contributing to projects of commercial or public value.
- Prior experience in clinical statistics, power analysis, epidemiology, clinical trial design, survival analysis, modeling & simulations, health economics