Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Scientist
Sera Prognostics, Inc., a women’s health care company, is seeking a highly successful Medical Technician/Medical Laboratory Scientist to provide both technical and non-technical services the Sera Clinical Laboratory. The Medical Technician/Medical Laboratory Scientist will perform laboratory tests to provide physicians with rapid and accurate test results.
Under general supervision of a certified laboratory manager:
- Performs highly complex analytic processes without direct supervision. Uses both routine and specialized laboratory procedures and/or techniques for which he/she is qualified, trained, and demonstrates competency according to established lab standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Operates laboratory instruments and ensures proper functioning of laboratory equipment. Performs routine maintenance and minor troubleshooting under the direction of the Instrument Control Engineer. Maintains records and documentation of maintenance.
- Understands appropriate specimen collection, handling, and transport procedures. Prepares specimens for analysis and determines acceptability of samples within guidelines.
- Assists in general functions of all areas of Sera Prognostics’ laboratories, including: assay and system validations, cleaning, calibrating and monitoring testing equipment.
- Assists in validation and maintenance of Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS).
- Maintains a safe laboratory environment and complies with Sera policies and safety procedures.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Science, Chemistry, Biological Science, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Completion of an American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) certification within the first year of employment required (MT, MLS, or C).
- Experience with Agilent LC-MS/MS instrumentation and knowledge of proteomics is highly desired.