Sera Prognostics, Inc., is a women’s health care company dedicated to improving the health of babies and mothers. Sera is in an exciting transition from a development company to a commercial enterprise. Sera’s data and laboratory processes are world-class. The company continues to build solid evidence validating the analytical and clinical performance of its strategy.
The successful candidate will be joining a dedicated and talented team of technologists, operations leaders and managers who are making Sera’s vision a reality: improving the health of mothers and newborns.
This position works closely with the Sera Clinical Laboratory and Customer Support team, ensuring that incoming samples meet the pre-analytical testing requirements and that specimen issues are resolved before testing. Job responsibilities may also include contacting, and re-training draw sites as needed. The ideal candidate will be a high energy detail-oriented person who will help grow our team and support the continued growth of the company and its mission. This is a full-time position, located in our CAP accredited laboratory located in Salt Lake City. The position will be filled at a level consistent with the applicant’s skills and experience.
This shift for this position is primarily M-F, 8AM-4PM, but will require working some on weekends
- Complete all pre-analytical laboratory processes necessary to prepare samples for testing in the Sera Clinical Laboratory, including receiving sample shipments, evaluating samples prior to testing, data entry, labelling, recording, transferring, aliquoting and any other steps necessary to prepare samples for transfer to analytical laboratory
- Help maintaining the sample biorepository
- May coordinate with Sera’s Clinical Lab, Customer Support team, and third-party sample collection sites to resolve issues with samples received at Sera
- Maintain a safe laboratory environment and complies with Sera policies and safety procedures.
- Participate in training and mentoring of new employees as needed
- Assist in writing Standard Operating Procedures and validations as needed
- Clean and disinfect necessary supplies and equipment and work areas
- Ship samples and comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws governing packing, marking, and labeling.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of other technology and communication systems and computer programs utilized at Sera.
- Understand Sera’s regulatory commitments and maintains compliance with organizational and regulatory policies.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One or more years’ experience in a lab setting
- Frequently performs work while standing, walking or sitting.
- Ability to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Accurate color vision to assess quality of samples received
- Fine motor control, primarily working with fingers rather than with the whole hand, such as in typing and handling samples.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior experience in specimen processing
- Prior experience in data entry
- Prior experience working in a healthcare customer service setting
- Associates degree or higher
- Familiar with phlebotomy procedures and processes
- Experience with Freezerworks
- Experience with standard LIS or LIMS systems in a clinical laboratory setting
- Experience with Excel and Microsoft word
- Understanding of HIPPA, CLIA and CAP regulations
The successful candidate will be:
- Reliable and dependable
- Of high integrity
- Quality and detail-oriented
- A high energy team player
- A problem solver
- Able to adapt to changes in workload or responsibilities