SUpervisor – Accessioning and sample Management
Sera Prognostics, Inc., a women’s health care company, is seeking a driven individual for the role of Supervisor of Sample Accessioning and Management. This is a full-time, in-house position that will oversee a team of sample processors, and problem resolution specialists (PRS) responsible for receiving, evaluating, accessioning samples, and resolving sample issues in preparation for testing in the Sera Clinical Laboratory. This supervisor is responsible for developing and maintaining an efficient sample processing and problem resolution workflow, and effective processor and problem resolution specialists (PRS) training and is a key member of the Sera Quality Committee. The position oversees draw site and phlebotomist training and assists with onboarding draw sites, as well as, counseling and resolution on routine issues to ensure that the daily work of the team is completed accurately and on time.
- Supervises accessioners and PRS who complete the pre-analytical laboratory processes necessary to prepare samples for testing in the Sera Clinical Laboratory, including receiving sample shipments, evaluating samples prior to testing, accessioning, storing and tracking extra samples, and documenting and resolving sample issues
- Recruits and trains new sample processing and problem resolution staff
- Coordinates sample handling and trouble-shooting with the Sera Clinical Lab, and contracted draw sites
- Coordinates with Clinical Operations in sample handling and accessioning incoming clinical samples
- Maintains quality metrics and report them to management and the Sera Quality Committee
- Serves as the first point of contact on technical, procedural, and policy questions related to sample collection, shipping, processing, and problem resolution
- Develops and documents efficient sample processing and sample issue resolution processes, in collaboration with the Sera Clinical Lab and Commercial Operation groups
- Assists in validation and maintenance of the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and the Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) application
Qualifications and Preferred Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biological science, laboratory science, or related field from an accredited college or university. Exceptional candidates with other educational or direct on the job experience will also be considered.
- Requires an understanding of CLIA, CAP and NYS QA/QC procedures.
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 years clinical laboratory experience
- Requires experience with phlebotomy, problem resolution, customer experience and specimen processing
- ASCP certification (MT, C, or MLS) or equivalent is preferred
- Experience with automation as it relates to accessioning is also highly desirable
- One or more years’ experience supervising other employees is preferred
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com and Nautilus LIMS systems preferred