Term & Conditions
Terms & Conditions of Use for the Sera Prognostics® Websites
The information on this website is provided solely on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. Sera Prognostics is not engaged in rendering investment or medical advice via this website, nor does it provide instruction on the appropriate use of products produced, supplied, or under development by Sera Prognostics, its affiliates, related companies, or its licensors or joint venture partners. Access and use of the Sera Prognostics Website is subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein and all applicable laws, statutes, and/or regulations. Sera Prognostics does not, by or through this website, offer for sale any products or services. The PreTRM® test is a diagnostic test that can only be ordered by an authorized health care provider.
Sera Prognostics may revise or modify these Terms from time to time. Such changes, revisions or modifications shall be effective immediately upon notice to you, which may be given by any means, including, without limitation, posting on the Sera Prognostics website. If you disagree with the Terms, your sole remedy is to discontinue your use of this website. Any use of this website by you after such notice shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of the changes.
Sera Prognostics will use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Sera Prognostics Website, however, any information presented on the websites as of a particular date may only be accurate as of such date and Sera Prognostics disclaims any responsibility to update such information. Information about companies other than Sera Prognostics contained in news, press releases, or otherwise that are posted on the Website should not be relied upon as being provided or endorsed by Sera Prognostics.
You must exercise caution, good sense and sound judgment in using this website. You are prohibited from violating, or attempting to violate, the security of this website. Any such violations may result in criminal and/or civil penalties against you. Sera Prognostics will investigate any alleged or suspected violations and if a criminal violation is suspected, we will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in their investigations.
You also agree to promptly notify us of any unauthorized use of your username, password, other account information, or any other breach of security that you become aware of involving or relating to this websites by emailing us at email@example.com. In addition, you agree to exit from your account at the end of each session. We explicitly disclaim liability for any and all losses and damages arising from your failure to comply with this section.
In using this Site, you agree not to:
- Send or otherwise transmit to or through this websites or to us through email any unlawful, infringing, harmful, harassing, defamatory, threatening, hateful or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, any material that can cause harm or delay to this websites or computers of any kind, and any unsolicited advertising, solicitation or promotional materials;
- Misrepresent your identity or affiliation in any way;
- Use this websites to disclose or obtain another’s personal information, or collect information about users of this website;
- Gain unauthorized access to this website, or assist others to gain unauthorized access, or to disclose users’ names or personally identifiable information, or to gain or provide unauthorized access to other computers or websites connected or linked to this website;
- Launch or use any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” or “offline readers,” that access this websites in a manner that sends more request messages to our servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a conventional web browser;
- Send or otherwise transmit to or through this websites or to us through email chain letters, unsolicited messages, so-called “spamming” or “phishing” messages, messages marketing or advertising goods and services;
- Transmit or otherwise make available any virus, worm, spyware, or any other computer code, file or program that may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of any hardware, software or telecommunications equipment;
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations or these Terms;
- Assist or permit any persons in engaging in any of the activities described above. ALL CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, SERA PROGNOSTICS DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Sera Prognostics makes no warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of any content available through this website. You are responsible for verifying any information before relying on it. Use of the website and the content available on the website is at your sole risk. Sera Prognostics makes no representations or warranties that use of the website will be uninterrupted or error-free. You are responsible for taking all necessary precautions to ensure that any content you obtain from the website is free of viruses. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Sera Prognostics and its directors, officers, employees, agents, and contractors harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including without limitation reasonable attorneys’ fees) or other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (i) your breach of any provision of these Terms; or (ii) your activities in connection with this website. It is the policy of Sera Prognostics to enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent permitted by law. All product names, regardless of whether or not they appear in large print or with a trademark symbol, are the trademarks and service marks of Sera Prognostics, its affiliates, related companies or its licensors or joint venture partners, unless otherwise noted. All content of the Sera Prognostics Website, including any images or text, is protected by U.S. and foreign copyright laws and may not be distributed, downloaded, modified, reused, reposted, or otherwise used except that you may view, use, and download a single copy of this website for your informational, non-commercial use. Except as provided herein, no part of any content or software on this website may be copied, downloaded, or stored in a retrieval system for any other purpose, nor may it be redistributed for any purpose, without the express written permission of Sera Prognostics. The use or misuse of Sera Prognostics’ trademarks, service marks copyrights, or other materials, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited and may be a violation of copyright law, trademark law, communications regulations and statutes, and other laws, statutes and/or regulations. Sera Prognostics may terminate your use of this websites or any of our features or services at any time and for any reason without notice for conduct violating these Terms. Upon any such termination, you must destroy all content obtained from this websites and all copies thereof. The provisions of these Terms concerning websites security, prohibited activities, copyrights, trademarks, user submissions, disclaimer, limitation of liability, indemnity, and jurisdictional issues shall survive any such termination. You agree that if your use of this websites is terminated pursuant to these Terms, you will not attempt to use this websites under any name, real or assumed, and further agree that if you violate this restriction after being terminated, you indemnify and hold us harmless from any and all liability that we may incur therefore. By choosing to visit this websites or otherwise provide information to Sera Prognostics, you agree that any dispute over your use of this Site or these Terms will be governed by the laws of the State of Utah and the United States of America. You also consent to the adjudication of any disputes arising in connection with our Site in the federal and state courts of Salt Lake County in the State of Utah. You also agree to attempt to mediate any such dispute and to abide by all limitations of liability contained herein. This website may contain forward-looking information. Such information is subject to a variety of significant uncertainties, including scientific, business, economic, and financial factors, and therefore actual results may differ significantly from those presented. Sera Prognostics’ Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”), as it may change from time to time, is a part of these terms and conditions for using the Sera Prognostics website and is incorporated herein by this Privacy Statement. Sera Prognostics reserves the right, and you authorize Sera Prognostics, to the use and assignment of all information regarding your use of this website and all information provided by you in any manner consistent with Sera Prognostics’ Privacy Statement. Sera Prognostics’ recruitment process is managed directly through its Human Resources. All candidates must be presented through this avenue. All recruiters, agencies, or other staffing firms are requested not to contact Sera Prognostics’ hiring managers, employees, or representatives directly to inquire about open positions or to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a significant factor in determining any initial or ongoing professional relationship with Sera Prognostics. Any such recruiter, agency, or other staffing firm seeking to work with Sera Prognostics must first contact the Talent Acquisition Department at firstname.lastname@example.org; include “Vendor Request” in the subject line. If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please let us know through our Contact Us page.
- Sera Prognostics requires a signed agreement to be in place with any recruiter, agency, or other staffing firm prior to the presentation of any candidates. Unsolicited resumes or other submissions sent to Sera Prognostics will be deemed the property of Sera Prognostics to follow up with as it sees fit and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or by other means.
Notice to Staffing Vendors, Search Firms, Recruitment Agencies and Recruiters
- Links to third-party websites or pages are provided for convenience only. We do not express any opinion on the content of any third party pages and expressly disclaim liability for all third party information and the use of it.
- If any provision of these Terms is unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- Sera Prognostics reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of these terms and conditions for using the Sera Prognostics website, including the right to block access from a particular Internet address to the website.
- This website is controlled and operated by Sera Prognostics, Inc. Sera Prognostics makes no representation that materials in the websites are appropriate or available for use in all locations worldwide. You are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. Access to this websites from jurisdictions where the contents of this websites are illegal or penalized is prohibited.
- By submitting any communication or material to Sera Prognostics, you agree that: (1) if you are a health care professional you will not submit any information that would directly identify a patient or any information for which you do not have all necessary consents or authorizations to disclose; (2) you will only submit content that complies with applicable law and will not submit content that is abusive, defamatory, obscene, infringing, threatening, repetitive or otherwise inappropriate, or that contains any viruses or other software that may adversely affect the operation of another’s computer; (3) such content will be deemed non-confidential; and (4) you grant to Sera Prognostics, a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable, and transferable license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, perform, transmit, distribute, prepare derivative works of, and display such content via any media in accordance with Sera Prognostics’ Privacy Statement, and waive any moral rights you may have in such content. Subject to Sera Prognostics’ Privacy Statement, Sera Prognostics shall be free to use such content, including any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in such content, for any reason.
- SERA PROGNOSTICS SHALL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTION TAKEN THAT IS BASED ON THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THE SERA PROGNOSTICS WEBSITE. SERA PROGNOSTICS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITE, EVEN IF SERA PROGNOSTICS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO RELIANCE BY ANY PARTY ON ANY CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE, THE INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR ANY ERRORS OF OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT OF THE WEBSITE.